One Fantastic Week 102 – Iris Compiet
Iris Compiet – www.eyeris.eu
Sam Flegal – www.samflegal.com
Pete Mohrbacher – www.vandalhigh.com
- the Krampus controversy in the Netherlands
- carpal tunnel syndrome which resulted in Iris sculpting her own frames
- children's books, zombies, Kickstarter in the Netherlands
- Peter gives advice on printing your own books
- fantasy conventions in Europe and how it is so different from the U.S.
- changing styles and the F bomb
- Dutch & Dane, Kiri Ostergaard Leonard, Folklore Field Guides and the Month of Fear
- and the highlight of the show.... Show & Tell (or Hoarding Random Crap), where our hosts and guest share all of their weirdest inspirational curiosities (tarantula skins, whale vertebrae, cat skeletons, broken dolls, cow eyeballs) and the revealing of Peter's skeleton in his closet. This led to a discussion of the true story that led to the book The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.
(This episode was a particularly good one to watch live, as it showed Iris running the show by herself while Sam and Peter ran to get their various skeletons.)
78 Tarot Project
Elf Fantasy Fair
Dutch and Dane
Kiri Østergaard Leonard
Month of Fear
Devil in the White City
by Erik Larson
Netflix documentary on H. H. Holmes
H.H. Holmes: America's First Serial Killer
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/794623580563108/
Become a part of the conversation. Tell us how your week has been, and share with other artists.