Tyler Walpole is Creating a New IP - One Fantastic Week 114
Tyler is in the process of launching Blood of Dragons, a creator owned IP that he's been dreaming about for years. This last weekend was his first convention showing exclusively as Blood of Dragons. We're going to talk to him about what it's like trying to launch a new IP and how it compares to his time as a freelancer.
Tyler Walpole - www.tylerwalpole.com
Sam Flegal – www.fatefulsigns.com
Pete Mohrbacher – www.vandalhigh.com
The Fantastic Workshop - www.onefantasticweekend.com
- Choosing images for display/representing your IP at cons.
- Thinking long term about an IP and the stability benefits.
- Blood of Dragons story, time management, etc.
- Short and long term planning for IPs.
- Engaging an audience with a pitch. Telling or not telling too much?
- Traditional vs Digital finals
- Inspiration for Blood of Dragons logo
- When do you abandon an IP?
- How do you carve out time for your IP?
- Portfolios at conventions?
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/794623580563108/
Become a part of the conversation. Tell us how your week has been, and share with other artists.